HW: Still looking for those OOP CD's? Check here...

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Mon Oct 13 12:47:13 EDT 1997

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Malcolm <jmalcolm at URAEUS.COM>
To: Multiple recipients of list BOC-L <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Date: Monday, October 13, 1997 12:39 PM
Subject: Re: HW: Still looking for those OOP CD's? Check here...

>Ted Jackson jr. 6L6 writes:
>>If it's a remaster, they'll usually brag about it as a selling point.
>>Otherwise, it'll usually cost more than a regular recording.  Beyond
>>that, I can't help ya...
>
>No hints from the catalog number?
>
>>> If it is a "limited" does that have anything to do with it?
>>not sure about that.  What's the context?
>
>Try searching at CDNOW for "Hawkwind". They list several "limited"
>things:
>
>Choose Your Masques (Ltd Ed)
I think that the only thing that makes this CD and "Sonic Attack" an LTD is
the
fact that Griffen is belly-up and when these are gone, there won't be any
more!
But US$30 is a rip-off, since I bought (what I suspect to be) the same CD's
from
them for around US$11.00 each! Still, if they have 'em and you want 'em and
are
willing to pay that price, get 'em 'fore they are gone! (Have you checked
http://www.rpmrecords.com to see if they have them? They might be a little
less
outrageous...)

>In Search Of Space(Ltd)

This one, like Space Ritual are the EMI remasters. Prices are still a
little steep, but like I said, if you want them...

>Sonic Attack (Ltd Ed)
>Space Ritual(Ltd)
>
>These are all about US$30, except Space Ritual, which is US$47.
>
>There's also
>
>Warriors On The Edge (Box)
>
>Any idea for this?

I don't think that it is a remaster, as the original tapes are lost
somewhere.
The CD is well worth getting, as it has a nifty little book with it.
(Heh-heh,
way back when it first came out and was selling for big money, Of Sound
Mind in Baltimore was blowin' em out the door at ten bucks or so. It was a
distributor screw-up; wish there we more of them, screw-ups like this, that
is...)
Craig Shipley              craigs at pyramid.com
Siemens-Pyramid Information Systems, Inc.
1100 Johnson Ferry Rd. NE        Suite 400
Atlanta, Georgia 30342      (404) 845-3404
Corporate Voice Mail            (800) 333-5754 x-2023