HW : Edinburgh gig

Dave Berry daveb at HARLEQUIN.CO.UK
Tue Oct 21 04:47:00 EDT 1997

On 20 Oct 12:16, gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK wrote:
>Did anyone else at the show think that the bass was almost inaudible?

The sound was pretty fuzzy, but the bass is the one instrument (other than
the drums) that I could make out clearly.  At least, the music was linked
to what Ron was doing with his hands.  At times Jerry's fingers would be
moving over the frets in ways that seemed to have no effect on the music,
and I never knew what Crum was playing.  And of course we could hardly
see Dave.

It would be really good if Dave could have his console at the side of
the stage, or even behind him.  Granted, he's still be facing away from
the audience a fair bit of the time, but I like to see what musicians
are doing on stage; it makes the live experience more immediate.  Even
if some of the music is taped or sequenced, the live parts are more
enjoyable if I can see them being played.

Dave.
--
Harlequin Ltd., Technology Transfer Centre, King's Buildings,
Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, EH9 3JL, UK.