OFF: Urge Requiem

brian halligan brianh at PULLEYN.COM
Tue Oct 21 09:06:10 EDT 1997

        > Unlikely, as sadly the Urge have split :((((
        >
        > My brother, Cass, filled the drum stool for their last shows
in the UK
        > which Blackie Onassis couldn't make due to "family problems",
including
        > their Top Of The Pops appearance. And very proud I was too! I
love the
        > Urge.

        Urge Overkill is one of the only "modern" bands
        that I enjoy.  Bummer. Nat Kato's voice and
        Blackie O's drumming really do it for me.  But I
        think Kato's voice is probably what kept their
        songs from becoming bigger hits.  He's definately
        not a Kurt Cobain clone.  And any band that
        Wesley Willis writes a song about can't be all
        bad :)  "They rocked the place... apart."

        Sad news indeed!

        ObSong> "(Now That's) The Barclords"  Urge Overkill