BOC: Ezekiel's Wheel of "Best of" releases

Wed Oct 22 16:24:11 EDT 1997

>1. Ca tour 1985; they should have worked it out with Albert to continue.
We already know this story.

Yep - would've been great if a double-length album of *Imaginos* came out
instead of *Club Ninja*.  Then again, I've speculated that this form of
*Imaginos* should've come out instead of *Mirrors* (not that the songs as
they were done in the 80s would've likely have sounded the same in 1979).

>2. 1992-93 for Atlantic renegging the record deal.

I wish I knew the full details of this one -- too much heresay as to what
really happened -- but "Ezekiel's Wheel" instead of "Cult Classics" would've
been nice...

>4. For not being able to keep Chuck Burgi in the band, but that was more
of a Steve Schenk mess up.

Chuck is a fine drummer, but I was never convinced that he was the "right"
drummer for BOC -- although I think he had a bit more distinctive style
that Wilcox, Riddle, Rondinelli, Micelli (who all are also fine drummers) -
a bit too much "in yer face" for BOC I think.  Personally, I thought Rick
Downey, while no Albert (and who is?), did a decent job for them.

Other "mistakes"?  Hmm...

Abandoning the "5 Guitars" - oh yeah, guess they needed At for that

Promotion, or lack thereof, for much of their career

No Box Set

The extended delays of Ezekiel's Wheel

Inflexibility in their live sets

Buck's gold suit