HW/NIK: Turner & Sting

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Thu Oct 23 12:12:42 EDT 1997

>Hey, anyone have the the full details on this bizarre collaboration
>in the 80's? Any cold data as year, place etc. appreciated
>since it's for an article... and does anyone have this single (?)?

Are you referring to the Nuclear Waste single. I have this track on CD. It
was released under the name of Sting and the Radioactive. It also features
various Gong people (Steve Hillage, Harry Williamson, Mike Howlett), and was
recorded in 1997.

The disk I have was released by Voiceprint (VP181CD). There is quite a bit
of more detail on the disk, including lyrics. I'll try and get it scanned
over the weekend.

William

PS I believe there is another version of this song by ICU.