HW Shepherds Bush

Andrew Gilham Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM
Fri Oct 24 09:20:34 EDT 1997

Jill asks

> I'm going to be struggling to make it to Shepherd's Bush tho - can
> anyone tell me EXACTLY where it is and where the nearest tube station
> is.   If I'm coming down at all then I'll have to fly into Heathrow or
> Gatwick I guess.

Nearest tube is probably Goldhawk Road, as it goes - if you do fly down,
Heathrow is *much* more convenient than Gatwick because you can get the
Piccadilly Line to Hammersmith, then change for one stop along the H'smith &
City.  G'hawk Rd tube is just off G'hawk Rd itself - you'd need to turn right
along the main road for about 200 yds until you get to Shepherd's Bush Green,
and there you are, right outside the Empire, at the western end of the Green
- in between the Fringe and Firkin (but it'll be something else in your pub
guide :) and a ghastly Aussie bar - no offence, Sonique etc (well not much
anyway :)) - where the Bottom Line used to be.

(From other directions, either of the two Shepherd's Bush stations makes more
sense.)

- Andy

ObCD: Rammstein - _Herzeleid_