BOC Drummers

squinn squinn at PALMNET.NET
Thu Oct 23 10:57:37 EDT 1997

> Chuck is a fine drummer, but I was never convinced that he was the "right"
> drummer for BOC -- although I think he had a bit more distinctive style
> that Wilcox, Riddle, Rondinelli, Micelli (who all are also fine drummers) -
> a bit too much "in yer face" for BOC I think.  Personally, I thought Rick
> Downey, while no Albert (and who is?), did a decent job for them.
>
> Other "mistakes"?  Hmm...
>
> Abandoning the "5 Guitars" - oh yeah, guess they needed At for that
>
> Promotion, or lack thereof, for much of their career
>
> No Box Set
>
> The extended delays of Ezekiel's Wheel
>
> Inflexibility in their live sets
>
> Buck's gold suit
>
> John

Must say I disagree on your assessment of Mr. Rondinelli...saw BOC again
last weekend in Tampa - about the 7th time this year...and I was once
again very impressed by by Rondinelli's drum work.  He, as far as I'm
concerned is the first drummer for BOC since Albert that does justice to
the occasional solos.  For the lack of more articulate expressions, he
kicks ass - makes me get up out my seat and bang my head during the
show.  For going any BOC, re-union Mr. Rondinelli is the right drummer
for BOC.  The current BOC line-up is the best since '85.

Shawn