HW/NIK: Turner & Sting

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Sat Oct 25 19:21:34 EDT 1997

Andrew Gilham writes:

> On Thursday, October 23, 1997 12:12 AM, C Mumford [SMTP:cannibal at CUTEY.COM]
> wrote:
> > Hey, anyone have the the full details on this bizarre collaboration
> > in the 80's? Any cold data as year, place etc. appreciated
> > since it's for an article... and does anyone have this single (?)?
>
> Course they do!  I've got one here signed by Turner (there was a time when
> UN-signed copies of Nik/ICU records were rarer than signed ones): "Get
> radioactive!  Nik Turner"...  make of that what you will!  It came out in
> 1979, in fact.  "Nuclear Waste" c/w "Digital Love", by The Radio Actors.

This used to be available through the Gong people (GAS) but as that
organisation is a tad like the guy in the legend who goes to sleep
for decades, wakes up for a while (no older than when he went to sleep)
wanders around for a bit and then goes back to sleep again I'm not sure
how easy you will find it to contact them!

It's always possible that C&D might be able to track one down for you 8-)

jill

obCHOGCpeeve> came up the steps from my cellar area tonight to find a
policeman lurking at the top with a truncheon in his hand.   This
security nonsense is becoming a farce  (I hope)!

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk