HW: Church of Hawkwind - explanation of sorts (Forward)

langner timothy 96163497 at BROOKES.AC.UK
Tue Oct 28 14:15:31 EST 1997

>Whenever I have discussed other groups with people, there never seems to
>be such a special degree of some sort of "event" that there is with
>Hawkwind. What is it about Hawkwind that makes people think of them in
>such a special way? Anyone care to comment on this?
>Mark Edmonds

I came to Hawkwind via my borther. I ahd been listening to Status Quo and
bleus and I was into Dr who in a big way (Still am). So he played in a tape
someone ahd complied for him. It inclduedeverything from master of universe to
Imeges and at the itme I assumed was in cronical order so I thought You better
belvie wa from same period as images.

Any way in reply to why I liked it I use to say to him (with an excited smile)
"It's the effects" And that was that really. I loved master of the universe
and also Shouldn't do that. Not to mention Leveitation

And if you want to know what makes me think of hawkwind in a speicla way:

Go to every concert on a tour (I'm about to go to my first 2) and see how many
nigths sound exactly the same! Well from tapes I've got from various concerts,
in various years, 0. I have jet to find 2 concerts from eon tour which sound
the same.

But if you can afford to do that then just stick on "Shouldn't Do That" from
ISOS. That is one great track with a great track length to compliment it.
Perpahs thats way I like it. But the guitars have a stnadrd riff which changes
sometimes and then just lots and lots and lots of sax on top. It's just ahsame
they can't do the song now!