OFF: hja"lp med svensk!

Troy Harris fiskare at WEBCONCEPT.COM.AU
Mon Oct 27 23:46:43 EST 1997

At 07:57 PM 27/10/97 GMT, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:
>    Sorry to intrude with an off-topic issue, but it shouldn't take
>long--and I know there are plenty of people who can advise me on BOC-L ;)
>
>    I have tried to translate the English phrase "The sword of the mighty
>does not sleep" (or "The sword of the mighty sleeps not") into Swedish.
>Unfortunately, my limited Swedish is not good enough, I think!  The best
>guess I had was: De ma"ktigas sva"rd ej sover.
>
>    That's probably wrong, so any help from the List-svenskar would be
>appreciated!  I can't quite figure out how to make it clear that the sva"rd
>belongs to de ma"ktiga ....
>
>Cheers,
>Carl

 Carl,

  I * think* it could be this way-

    "Den mäktiges svärd sover ej" or "Ej sover den mäktiges svärd".  This
would depend on whether or not the plural form is wanted.  In that case
perhaps "de mätigas"  could be used.

  Ahh, I'm probably wrong.

  Daniel??????

  Troy

        Troy Harris

        PO Box 18  Mornington, Victoria, Australia , 3931

        +61-3-5985 85 86

        fiskare at webconcept.com.au
        tlh at rubens.its.unimelb.edu.au