Pete B's CD and Strapping Young Lad

Chris Baker Nebosuke at AOL.COM
Wed Oct 29 02:14:37 EST 1997

Adrian Brevard wrote:

> So is this in the Sick & Twisted/Heavy Metal category?

Sick & Twisted for sure, but not heavy metal - not even really hard rock per
se.  There's country stuff, jazzy stuff, disco-y stuff, ballad-y stuff,
malad-y stuff, one song that reminds me of Gilbert & Sullivan (not Gilbert
O'Sullivan :-) and an obscene reconstitution of Chuck Berry's "No Particular
Place To Go" called "Auto Erotica".  And a lot of stuff that I am hard put to
classify.  Zappa's stuff is the closest thing I can relate this CD to, but I
found this a lot funnier than Zappa.  tBS fans already know that he plays one
mean and tasty guitar.

BTW he told me that he's never seen BOC.

-Chris