OFF: Ty Tabor/Pete B. /SYL

Wed Oct 29 12:01:20 EST 1997

>the fact JS playfully refers to himself
as an "old fart".  Somehow JS I think you are a long ways away from
that.

Well, I like to *think* so.  Part of this characterization comes from the
fact that, well I have a confession - I like Veruca Salt.  Now, most of
this band's fans appear to be 14-17 year old girls, and I've dropped in
on a web message board (very similar to Jack Heffling's most-excellent
BOC discussion board), and I find I can't relate too well to alot of the
fans posting there.  They talk about make-up, how much they hate their
schoolwork, their parents (some of them obviously have some rather, IMHO,
f**ked-up family situations which has really warped their views of the
world), and how f**king awesome their favorite band is in ways that have
little or nothing to do with the band's musical output.  Reading that
stuff definitely makes me feel like an "old fart".

John