HW:Croydon

Neil Shilladay shillada at GATWICK.GECO-PRAKLA.SLB.COM
Thu Oct 30 05:24:46 EST 1997

Set list was the same / similar to dates so far.

BUT....

Ron's bas was _well_ up in the mix. Jerry's guitar was there too, + Crum's keys.

(Crum played keys thru the whole of the set).

I thought the light show, while perhaps a tad under par for HW, was pretty damn
good nonetheless. I think it helps to be a few rows back, centre stage.

I agree with posts so far that Assault/Goldon Void is amazing this time round.
Jerry's backing vox on this add to the power & density of sound during this. In
fact Jerry was a star all night, I think his guitar really captures early 70's
feel of HW.

Even Dave came out from behind his synths (tho' not to the front of the stage).

I may be alone in saying this, but I quite enjoyed Cpt Rizz, except for his
'jump up & down' bit in Camera that could Lie. I felt that he gave a bit of
movement & energy  that was lackingup til then, with Ron rooted to the mike +
bass. In lieu of dancers / fire eaters, HW need someone / something to leap
about in a mad way.

In fact when Ron passed his bass to Dixie (?) [fat biker looking dude], I
thought he immediatly looked & sounde more at ease, & more than a touch
dangerous (!).

Overall, I enjoyed the show a lot. To the lad asking whether to go - yep, do it.

Chris W., I was looking for you man, sorry I missed you.

Neil.

Obintro : Ron (on Reptoid Vision)
"This song's bout a flesh eating, lizard-alien that American Govt. don't want us
to know about. So this song might educate you. [pause] If you don't like it you
can kick my face in afterwards".