HW: London pub meet?

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Oct 30 05:01:02 EST 1997

In article <34598a67.2839788 at sdps.demon.co.uk>, Steve Pond
<Steve at DOREMI.DEMON.CO.UK> writes
>So should I go to this Hawkshow? I havn`tseenthem since... um...
>Hammersmith the year Nik & Fred were in the band... 84/5?
>
>I read the setlists and I certainly know most of the set.. but do I
>really want to upset myself? (Big Space Ritual fan here..)
>
>I dunno.. should I ..shouldn`t I?
>
>-Steve
>-www.doremi.co.uk

You *never* saw Alan? That's a shame. I'm sure you would've appreciated
the geezer.
To be candid, it doesn't sound the best ever tour. Last year's Brixton
show was dead, dead good, but the responses I've read from people and
from people I've spoken to haven't been the most enthusiastic I've ever
heard.

BUT I've never been to a HW gig and not had a great time, for the meet-
up with other types as much (if not more sometimes) as anything else.
Haven't seen Grob for a few years but you never know <VBG>

I've got some horrible cold/flu thing at the moment and to tell the
truth it'll be a pain getting up there, and Sabina can't come because we
couldn't get a babysitter. I'll still be there. (After being publically
daubed a lightweight for blowing out the last show coz of a mere busted
rib, I've *got* to be there!)
--
Jon Browne