OFF: hja"lp med svensk!

Thu Oct 30 15:55:37 EST 1997

On mån 27 okt 1997 21.46 christian <cannibal at CUTEY.COM> wrote:
> In "New Norwegian" (a horrible constructed
> side dialect of Norwegian)

     Ah, so you're of the anti-nynorsk faction? :)

> I'll ask the Icelandic guy at work if you need it in *true* viking-speak
> :)

     That would be interesting actually--my problem putting it into
Icelandic is similar in that I'm not familiar enough with the language to
be sure I've made a natural sounding phrase.  And translating "the mighty"
remains difficult.

     My best guess for (Old) Icelandic is "Sverdhit valdsmenna sefur ekki".
 (Have to use "dh" instead of the islensk "eth" letter on my computer!)
But that's probably wrong too

    Then I could try changing that to fornsvensk ..... :)

Cheers,
Carl

ObApologyForOffTopicness