Nuclear Waste CD

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Thu Oct 30 19:30:10 EST 1997

Si wrote:
>On 30-Oct-97, J Strobridge wrote:
>
>>> I also saw the recently-discussed _Nuclear Waste_ CD featuring
>>> Sting, Nik Turner, et al.  I might go back and pick that up, too.
>>> It was packaged in a can, and I think it was just a CD single.
>
>>is anyone in the States willing to buy a copy of this for me if they
>>find it?   I don't think I've seen it over here and if it's easily
>>purchased then I'd really like to have it!
>
>I picked up a copy for £1 a few month ago. It must have been released in UK,
>Details are:
>
>Sting and the Radioactive    Nuclear Waste  Voiceprint VP181CD 5 tracks.

I'm sure that Voiceprint is a British label, they've released a lot of old
(& sometimes odd) Soft Machine/Caravan material & other stuff of a similar
vintage.  They advertise quite frequently in "The Wire", but unfortunately
not in the copy I have to hand.  I have a feeling that their mail order
address is somewhere in NE England (Darlington? Sunderland?) - I'll keep a
lookout.

BTW, "The Wire" has great coverage of all sorts of electronica, off the
wall & general "weird-shit" music that doesn't get in to print elsewhere:
it's occasionally frustrating, & I sometimes bemoan the reduction in its
jazz coverage, but it's well worth checking out for the more adventurous
souls on this list!

ChrisW