HW: around and about

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Mon Sep 1 07:29:29 EDT 1997

After yesterday's traumatic news events from this side of the pond
(and yes, whatever folk may say about her I do think Princess Di's
death is a real sadness!) here's some much more mundane info I've
heard about the Hawkwind uk tour:

Hawkwind will definitely be playing at the Whitby Dracula Festival on
26-28 Sept weekend and therefore won't be at Oxford (I'm not sure what's
happening to that date).    Also, apparently the Garage venue in
Glasgow has had its licence temporarily suspended because they were
allowing far too many people in (the licence restricted them to about
500) and whether it'll be open again by October won't be known for a week
or so yet.   It's possible that another venue (such as Dundee) might offer
to pick up this date if Glasgow falls through but this has yet to be
decided on.   Edinburgh still seems to be ok though and there are still
tickets available for this one.

Judging by a couple of reviews I've seen while lurking on the Porcupine
Tree mailing list the Cubby Bear show seems to have been well received!

Happy days

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk