HW: US gigs

Bob Lennon hawkus at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 1 22:50:23 EDT 1997

>Hi folks
>Is our favorite band playing in empty halls ??!?
>I am wondering why the US fans are so quiet
>More informations about the gigs are VERY WELCOME!!!!
>>Bernhard
hello Bernhard,
i think the fans are so quiet is because they all went to Strange Daze
97 fest...and are just returning as i just this minute have....
the 8/29/97 NYC show was good as Ron had mentioned..and there were
problems with the sound (you'll hear this on any tape of the show-you'll
understand...) but the entire evening was a blast for me as i got to see
4 incredible bands...Hawkwind first & foremost but opening for them was
Finally Balanced, Bunny Brains (gotta love em) and Alien Planetscapes
(BB & AP both smouldered)...i had a great time..and i think most there
also did...
Captain Rizz joined HW for a few tracks and bounced around on stage.
they played about a 90 minute gig....

STRANGE DAZE 97....
exceeded my wildest expectations...aside from the obviously outrageously
excellent performances by Hawkwind & Nik Turner...
Nik Joined HW on stage sunday night...then...played for 1/2 hour +
after HW left the stage ...solo sax....the whole thing was
fantastic...the other bands all ...and i exclude no one...all were
A++++++.....and i believe all present at the event were blown away by
not only the quality of the sound but the excellence of performances and
how expertly organized the whole thing was....
more details.....later