HW: US gigs

Benjamin Cash bcash at ESSC.PSU.EDU
Tue Sep 2 10:18:17 EDT 1997

> >>Hi folks
> >>Is our favorite band playing in empty halls ??!?
>
>   There were attendance problems, folks. 300 in Chcago, perhaps
> slightly more in Cleveland (!), haven't heard yet about NYC.  The Fest,

The Coney Island High show was _packed_ don't know how much it actually
held but it was holding all of it (a couple people passed out during the
show due to the heat and closeness). Which is too bad given how bad the
sound was (although we were treated to a gorgeous chewing out of the sound
man by whoever was doing the taping, it looked like he was going to kill
the guy right there on the spot. Sound picked up after that ;) I don't kow
how future NYC shows will be received though, I heard a lot of people leave
dissapointed which was entirely due to the mix and the crush, the band was
really on.

> too!  (Tour shirt looks to have dangerously high levels of radium - the
> thing glows in the dark like a supernova... :)

No kidding, you can see the d at mn thing in broad daylight...

Oh, and I guess this would be an official de-lurk. :) I was on for a while
a LONG time ago, greets to those who remember me (recognize a few names),
hail and well-met to those who have joined since.

Ben Cash
bcash at essc.psu.edu
ObCD: Phish - A Live One