HW: I Bailed from the NYC Show!

Andrew Gilham Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM
Tue Sep 2 11:34:18 EDT 1997

>I'm just a little bitter and really jealous of people in
>England who get to see them in places like the friggin' Earls Court or
>something!

They're not bloody Oasis!  :)  The biggest show on this year's tour is, I
think, at the Shepherd's Bush Empire, which accommodates about 2,000.  In
recent years, they've usually played the Brixton Academy (about 4,000) and
while it hasn't been empty by any means, I don't think they sold it out.
 (Still pretty respectable for a band that had one hit, 25 years ago, and
have *never* been fashionable!)

I wonder - what is the biggest show they've ever played?  Bernhard?  Not
counting festivals!

- Andy