BOC: new info

Tue Sep 2 13:22:57 EDT 1997

> From:          John A Swartz <jswartz at MBUNIX.MITRE.ORG>

nd believe that the album will be released as advertised.  The cynics
> would argue that this is yet another delay of the album that will never
> come.  I'm personally optimistic that the album will be released, and I
> suspect that early next year is realistic (and better than false promises
> of having the album released in a few months) - but you all can draw your
> own conclusions.

I think if Buck says so, it's probably true.  I'll be guardedly
optimistic.  Sometimes I wonder if EB isn't just busting our chops
with his 'new album' reports, perpetuating his running cruel joke.
He's been promising a new album around the corner all the way back to
OYF...

> 2. A recent review of a NY show was very favorable - most noteworthy is
> that while Buck is still doing most of the singing, Eric's share of
> vocal duties is increasing.  He is also reported to be more animated on-
> stage these days - a sign that he may be enjoying himself (which, for
> awhile, he appeared to be a bit restrained -- perhaps emotionally affected
> by his vocal troubles).
>
> John
This agrees with what I saw a couple weeks ago.  EB was more animated
than in the other 3 shows I saw this year, and while BD sang more, EB
seemed much more into things, esp. his role as frontman.  Would you
agree, Torgo?  And that was a huge outdoor gig with a big audience,
so maybe EB was a little more pumped than usual playing a show that
harkened back to the old days?

I guess nobody from the list saw their show Friday night?  If I
hadn't just seen them I would've made the trip.  Eerie in that they
were playing in the Bouchard's back yard without the killer Bs...
theo