Concept Album-o-rama

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Tue Sep 2 21:05:29 EDT 1997

"The Intergalactic Touring Band", the one and only release by TIgTB, is about the only one I can think of. Late '70's release...

Craig

----------
From:   Bolts of Ungodly vision[SMTP:scruto19 at POTSDAM.EDU]
Sent:   Tuesday, September 02, 1997 6:51 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list BOC-L
Subject:        OFF: Concept Album-o-rama

greetings yet again
After having spent the summer seeing Procol Harum play one of the first
rock suites, the Who perorming Quadrophenia and listening to a lot of
british rock in general, why is it so few American bands in the rock genre
can put out a real classsic concept album (excepting _Imaginos_ of course)?
is it a reflection of the music industry on our side of the Atlantic or am
i imagining things?
If you can think of a good concept LP by an American band from the
appropriet 70s era, let me know or  let the list know for that.

Going for his second BA,
Jason Scruton