OFF: The Who are CANADIAN?!?! Eh?

Bolts of Ungodly vision scruto19 at POTSDAM.EDU
Wed Sep 3 08:14:38 EDT 1997

>Hello, hello, The Who are MOST DEFINITLY from the UK. Now the Guess Who
>are from the Great White North (y'know the band that gave us "American
>Woman" and Burton Cummings and BTO). But, Pete Townshends' group was
>originally outta Liverpool (help me out here, someone!)
They are British, unless their accents come from one of the less populated
Canadian provinces which has an abnormally large English population in a
parallel universe.  After all, _Quadrophenia_ dealt with the Mods v.
Rockers
situation in England at the time the Who started (Weren't they  originally
christened the High Numbers as an attempt to get in w/ the Mod scene?)

Searching for decent American concept albums or the reason for a lack thereof.
Jason