OFF: Concept Album-o-rama

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Wed Sep 3 08:38:13 EDT 1997

>On 02-Sep-97, Bolts of Ungodly vision wrote:
>
>>If you can think of a good concept LP by an American band from the
>>appropriet 70s era, let me know or  let the list know for that.
>
>Alice Cooper!!! 'Welcome To My Nightmare', 'From The Inside', 'Goes To Hell'
>all tell a conceptual story. 'Killer', 'School's Out' and 'Billion Dollar
>Babies' are kinda based on a concept but don't tell just one story.

And Alice had a somewhat decent opening band during the early part
of the 70's...

while on the concept album-o-rama, I think T&M should count
somewhat, as all of the first three in their portrait of hell,
though not as conceptually unified as the Imaginos saga, still
has a central theme of sorts.  Especially T&M with it's Red
and Black sides.

Andrew A. Apold (mordru at magg.net), aka  |
Roger Shrubstaff, Guildmaster of Reeves |
Duchy of Silverwater (BL), Amtgard      |
aka Asgrim Dragon -=UDIC=-              |
 "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random