HW: Bob's ranting hanky panky terror???

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Thu Sep 4 18:37:56 EDT 1997

Christian Mumford writes:

> The live version of "25 Years" on Hawklords Live kicks ass!! (sounds like
> The Stranglers on shrooms and speed, fronted by a rambling streetperson).

> Now, can anyone tell me what the hell Calvert is actually saying????
> Knut??? Is this deranged babble a mutated piece of Calvert poetry?? I
> absolutely *love* this live version, but I go mad trying to figure out what
> hell he's going on about (maybe that's the charm...)....

I'm impressed at your attempt on those lyrics!   I'd never before
really appreciated just how different they were from the original -
I've obviously been too much absorbed in the music to pay attention to
what he was saying.   Pure stream of consciousness though - I wonder
if Calvert could be described as the precursor of the Rap artists?

> PS: if anyone know which cocktail of drugs Calvert was doing in 1978, I'd
> love to know so I can be properly prepared for my next job interview.

I'm not sure that he was?   At least not in the way you are thinking.
He seems to have had a manic kind of personality anyway without any
induced assistance - unless it was National Health prescribed.

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk