Off: Concept Albums - Queensryche

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Fri Sep 5 08:27:30 EDT 1997

>Not quite '70's era' - check out "Operation Mindcrime"by Queensryche
released shortly before they decided to start lifting bits from Pink
Floyd
et al in order to "go mainstream."

>YFNR

>Crawford

Ouch Crawford.  OM is magnificient but the "mainstream" comments hurts a
bit.  I take it you are not a fan of Empire, Promise Land or Hear in the
Now Frontier.  No problem.  One thing you can say about Queensryche
though is that they are not afraid to take chances with their music.
When I saw them this summer the OM songs really whipped the audience
into a frenzy as did Lady Wore Black.

One day I'll make up my mind as to which of these is the best concept
album I ever heard.  Everytime I think I've decided on one I play the
others and change my mind again.  Mindcirme, Gretchen Goes to Nebraska
(King's X) Dead Winter Dead (Savatage)  & Imaginos.  Threshold's Wounded
Land may not be a concept album but the theme is pretty consistent.

Hang ten for justice....

lil ab