OFF: Moose!

Christian Mumford cannibal at CUTEY.COM
Fri Sep 5 23:28:24 EDT 1997

Jon Browne wrote:
>On this quiz show the other day, one of the questions was "60% of road
>accidents in Sweden involve a moose, True or False?" "False" the
>contestant answered. "No, I'm afraid it's true, lose 5 points" etc..etc.

Hahaha!

>can this really be the case? Can Stockholm be so accident free that
>rural statistics skew the national average or is even Stockholm full of
>mooses (mice?) leaping from behind dumpers?

Wow. I have no idea... it sounds pretty wild, if that's the statistic in
Sweden then I'm afraid what Norway has :) But then Swedes are known for
their safe cars and proper conduct :-) Seriously, I am as puzzled as you! I
used to know someone's mother colliding with a moose once (it ran off but
made a massive dent!) about 15 years ago, whereas my own family are more
used to crashing into mountains and other cars... Maybe someone in Sweden
could tell if this is a joke or not....??

Christian