Concept Album-o-rama

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Mon Sep 8 21:35:58 EDT 1997

Der J. Michael Looney sagt...

(about concept albums)...

Savatag, "Dead Winter Dead" and to a lesser extent "Hall of the Mountian
King"
This is an '80's band, correct? I think that the request was for '70's
material. I could be wrong (never heard Savatage; any synths? HI, DAVID!!!
;-) ).

Alan Parons Project.  All of the albums
Uhhh, this is a UK band. The criteria was that it had to be a US band
(which didn't produce much in the way of concept albums). I gotta dig thru
some of my older LP's and oddball CD's, 'cuz I'm sure that there are a
couple that I'm missing...

Jeff Waynes "War of the Worlds" <duh, it's a rock opera>
UK effort....

No flames meant, just trying to keep this from becoming a "who's who"
(they're from the UK, not the Great White North!!!! :-)) of concept LP's...

...and it can't be a concept album if it had a single on it that got alot
of airplay on Top 40 radio, nyahhh-nyahhh-nyahhh! So that lets Styx and
Boston out! :-) (I like both, but Styx got wayyyy too commercial after
"Crystal Ball" and, other than the LP covers seemed to tell a story, Boston
never struck me as a band that had "concept" in mind when they were making
their music (other than to make some damn fine r'n'r, with state of the art
production.) All IMHO....

obCDPlayer: Abraxas Pool / AP. Calling Carlos, your old band is waiting
(and                                       they are HOT!)

Craig Shipley
craigs at pyramid.com