OFF: Concept Albums

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Tue Sep 9 07:50:43 EDT 1997

Craig S.>(about concept albums)...

>Savatag, "Dead Winter Dead" and to a lesser extent "Hall of the Mountian
>King" This is an '80's band, correct? I think that the request was for '70's
>material. I could be wrong (never heard Savatage; any synths? HI, DAVID!!!
>;-) ).

Savatage is an 80's-90's band.  Hall of the Mountian King was a mid 80's
effort while DWD was out about 2 years ago.  Have never heard Hall but
DWD is an awesome album.  Not what you may consider Prog Rock but it
smokes.  Sav doesn't use a lot of synths but Jon Oliva has serious chops
on the piano.  A haunting airy sound , very much like Al Laniers great
keys on certain BOC songs.  Combine the keys with Queen like vocals and
other orchestral sounds and viola!  Give this one a spin Craig followed
by Imaginos.  If so you may see why a tBS/Savatage pairing on a re-done
Imaginos would blow the roof off the rock and roll world.

L8er

lil ab

"No brains today, just a healthy portion of humble pie." - The Tick