OFF: Concept Album-o-rama

Jerry stayer at PI.NET
Tue Sep 9 10:21:53 EDT 1997

I just came back from Poland to re-subscribe to BOC-L (two weeks away from my computer
while being subscribed to this list is not a good idea...), and now I find out you have
been discussing concept albums! Couldn't you wait for me? :-)

> >>"The Intergalactic Touring Band", the one and only release by TIgTB, is
> >about the only one I can think of. Late '70's release...

Now /that's/ an interesting one! It's the first time I hear someone mention this album.
Inside the booklet, they mention another album including a record company cat#. Does
anyone know about this? They mention it as part of the story, but the inclusion of the
cat# makes me doubt...

> >Styx is loaded with Concept albums, Cornerstone, Paradise Theatre, Kilroy
> >Was Here.  Boston's Don't Look Back & Third Stage (and even walk on for that
> >matter.  It's actually kinda concept trilogy.)  And on the more questionable
> >side, Meatloaf.J. Michael Looney wrote:
> Savatag, "Dead Winter Dead" and to a lesser extent "Hall of the Mountian King"
> Alan Parons Project.  All of the albums
> Jeff Waynes "War of the Worlds" <duh, it's a rock opera>

I haven't followed the history of this thread, so I'll probably say something that's
been said before, but let me add to that most of the early Nektar albums. Interesting
thing is that there is one Nektar live tape on which they play Silver Lady, from the
IGTB album...

More heavy progressive rock: Saga - Generation 13 (1995) and Ayreon - The Final
Experiment (1995).

Most recent one: IQ - Subterranea: double concept CD, released this month.

Glad to be back,
Jerry