OFF: Moose! Sorry, but I can't resist the urge to answer.

Daniel Wikdahl mpj95wid at MC.HIK.SE
Tue Sep 9 11:59:01 EDT 1997

Christian wrote:
>Jon Browne wrote:
>>
>>That still sounds like a lot. What's the population again, 'bout 3
>>million?
>
>About 7,5 million Swedes, many of them now working for Norwegian owned
>companies

According to the Central Bureau of Statistics Swedens population is
8 849 393 persons (but that number is from the end of July... I'll guess 1.3
million Swedes has been killed in moose-accidents the last month... :-)
Vad svarar man på det sista? Det är forpult! :-)

>(ikkesant, "storebror" Daniel? :-) Norway has about 4 million
>people.

4 million seal and whale killers. And the plague rat (?) is named after
their country (Rattus Norwegicus). Christian proudly uses that as a nickname
sometimes when he posts to BOC-l... [deep sigh!] :-)

>>And why then, are not all Volvo's, fitted with Moose-bars as
>>standard? This is moose carnage!

Moose-bars is a good idea, it's also a nice place to put your golf bag.

>Moose tastes good! With cranberry sauce and green bean stew. Yum!!!

True. Moose is really good but it's hard to get if don't know a hunter.
I don't think "hunting" with Volvos is legal.
[ BTW, a danish journalist teacher a spoked to this summer said this to me:
"I really like Sweden a lot, but it's a kind of policestate 'cos every time
people in Sweden think something is fun your goverment comes up with a new
law that bans all the fun"]

>Crash into the moose as many times as needed until you know it's tender.
>
>Don't ever crash into a moose with a Saab.

No, not the cars but you can use some of the fighting aircrafts that SAAB
builts (i.e the plane "JAS"   http://arizona.rydnet.lysator.liu.se/jas.htm
...unfortunately I couldn't find any pictures of it crashing. It has done that
two times. Both times in front of TV-teams with running cameras. Same pilot
both times (his still alive but I have no idea of what his doing for a living
these days. Maybe he's a helicopter pilot in Norway?[dåligt skämt!]) Second
time it crashed was in -93 in the centre of Stockholm.  )
BTW, I think GM is the main owner of SAAB... [deeper sigh!]... but at least
GM is not a Norwegian company [happy, happy, joy, joy].

                        sorry -Daniel

"Vadå jultraditioner? Hos oss har vi nya traditioner varje år" (CG)

Daniel Wikdahl
Kaptensgatan 2a
S-39 236 KALMAR
SWEDEN