OFF: Needle Moose

Daniel Wikdahl mpj95wid at MC.HIK.SE
Tue Sep 9 15:20:01 EDT 1997

 Andrew A. Apold wrote:

>What's the scientific name for moose?

Alces alces. But that's the European moose (i.e elk -not at all the same animal
as the American elk which is a completely different animal. The European moose
is smaller than the American version. But everything is bigger overthere
-the trees, the moose, the bears, the people, the cars etc -so maybe the
US/Canadian moose is called ALCES ALCES... I dunno... )

                        bröl -Daniel

ps I'm pretty sure that the American moose even makes more noice than his
European cousin when he lows ds

"Vadå jultraditioner? Hos oss har vi nya traditioner varje år" (CG)

Daniel Wikdahl
Kaptensgatan 2a
S-39 236 KALMAR
SWEDEN