OFF: Needle Moose

Tue Sep 9 15:38:03 EDT 1997

> From:          Daniel Wikdahl <mpj95wid at MC.HIK.SE>

> >What's the scientific name for moose?
>
> Alces alces. But that's the European moose (i.e elk -not at all the same animal
> as the American elk which is a completely different animal. The European moose
> is smaller than the American version. But everything is bigger overthere
> -the trees, the moose, the bears, the people, the cars etc -so maybe the
> US/Canadian moose is called ALCES ALCES... I dunno... )
>

>                         bröl -Daniel

Well, i'm up for another geography lesson...First off, i know that
Daniel, Christian and Jon AREN'T Dutch.  And I can't speak for
Scandinavia, but the tallest people I ever saw were in Holland.  I
don't think there's a person in the whole country--man or
woman--under six feet tall.  I don't know how many cm that is, but i
guess it's a lot.  So not everything American is bigger...
theo