OFF: Age and taste

Cliff and Pam Wheaton cwheaton at TRANSWESTTAXI.COM
Wed Sep 10 02:21:42 EDT 1997

Daniel Wikdahl wrote:

> This came to my mind when I read the "guitar-hero" mails.
>
> I once read an article that quoted a scientific report that said
> that "the music you listen to when you're 24 is the same [kind of]
> music that
> you'll be listening to in the rest of your life".
> I don't want to have an age-thread again but it would be very
> interesting if
> some of you that are older than 35 could tell us about your own
> experience
> and opinions on this.
>
> I believe this is true.
>
>                 -Daniel

What an interesting idea! I am at 35 (going on 36) still listening to
the same style of music as I did at the time-only a bit more on the
"exotic" side-different types of instrumentation,etc.,more
layered,etc.More progressive,I guess,  as well as lots of obscure stuff
that more than a few don't really know much about. I will say that I've
always been fairly adventurous when it comes to music-I'm willing to
pick something out of the cd bin that I've only heard about-and never
heard-give it a spin,then decide if I like it or not. I've sure picked
up some gems doing that:)I actually was raised on old country-western
stuff,and broke off from that into rock in my teens. Poor mom-I
discovered Rush & Led Zepplin early:)  Introduced by friends  into ELP ,
King Crimson and Black Sabbath, Floyd as well. I was totally lost to
this genre at that point! And now, I own a large and varied music
collection! How wonderful!!
Lets Rock
Pam

--