OFF: Tall Dutch

Mike Parkington Mike.Parkington at UK.UU.NET
Wed Sep 10 03:45:34 EDT 1997

Tall Dutch

Apparently this is due to good old natural selection (Darwin & all that) it
seems that Tulips like many flowers give off a scent, although the scent
given off by tulips is beyond the capability of the human nose to detect
(kind of like a supersonic smell) it is quite strong.

A chemical analysis of the scent-group reveals amongst the usual complex
organic compounds traces of chemo-sterilins, basically fertility affecting
organo-compounds. Exposure to these leads to a drop in sperm count amongst
the males of the population. Exposure is of course heavier in shorter
people as they are nearer the source of the chemo-sterilins. This in turn
leads to higher fertility in tall people as opposed to that of shorter
people. Due to the concentration coefficients involved, the relative
fertility's are not linear either. For each 5cm shorter a person is than
their taller counterpart they are 23.7 percent less fertile.

Hence, in Holland people are tall.

Hope this is of interest.

Mike P