Music and Age

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Wed Sep 10 08:47:53 EDT 1997

I once read an article that quoted a scientific report that said
> that "the music you listen to when you're 24 is the same [kind of]
> music that
> you'll be listening to in the rest of your life".

Strange observation.  When I was 24 I wasn't listening to anybody's
music.  My base was 17-18 and a full time rocker.  I gravitated to Jazz,
Rock/Jazz fusion big time funk and disco.  Only started back with Rock
and Roll the way I began, going to a BOC concert.  Today I divy my time
50/50, old and new.  Depending on the mood I may break out my BOC,
Triumph, Frank Marino, Rainbow, Grand Funk and the like.  Tomorrow I
could be knee deep into Galactic Cowboys, King's X, Savatage, Dream
Theater or Shadow Gallery.  At this point I'm pretty adverse to
Alternative unless its Stone Temple Pilots or Alice in Chains.  Seems
like it would get a bit boring listening to stuff from one era only.

Adam>We must never foget our SpaceFunk brothers for it is all most
definitely on the one.

Here here Adam.  George Clinto is the true father of Rock and Roll.  Any
doubters need only listen to the albums you cite.  Maggot Brains has
been covered by many a rock band.  The P-Funk lives on.

L8er
lil' ab

"No brains today, were only serving humble pie whatch-a-ma-zog." - The
Tick