OFF: Age and taste

Guido Vacano gvacano at BEAVER.MBB.WESLEYAN.EDU
Wed Sep 10 10:35:08 EDT 1997

Daniel says--

> This came to my mind when I read the "guitar-hero" mails.
>
> I once read an article that quoted a scientific report that said
> that "the music you listen to when you're 24 is the same [kind of] music =
> that
> you'll be listening to in the rest of your life".
> I don't want to have an age-thread again but it would be very interesting=
>  if
> some of you that are older than 35 could tell us about your own experienc=
> and opinions on this.
>
> I believe this is true.

I'm only 33, but I think that's a load of crap. There are many things I
listen to now that I would have been indifferent to, or even hated, at age
25. Sure, I still listen to music I liked then, but I was not big on jazz
or classical music at 25. I am now.

My dad was the same way. He liked big band, swing, and folk music when he
was 25, but was exclusively interested in classical music later in life.

Guido

--
If nothing is done, then all will be well.  -- Lao Tse