Concept Album-o-rama

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Wed Sep 10 12:17:55 EDT 1997

Crawford Smith wrote:

> Speaking o' headbangin' type groups, didn't King Diamond and/or Mercyful
> Fate do several concept albums?  The title "Abagail" springs to mind...

Indeed, KD's  _Abigail_, _Them_ and I believe _Eye_ were all concept albums,
certainly Abigail. However, isn't King Diamond european ?

Actually if you can get past King Diamond's vocal style (which is admittedly
tricky), Abigail is a pretty good album, notably cuts like "A Mansion In
Darkness" and "Arrival"

US concept albums don't exactly spring to mind beyond what's been listed. I
guess Fates Warning's latest could be considered one, but it seems US bands
can only hold an idea for less than an albums worth, perhaps a single side
at most - side 2 of No Exit by the above, side 1 of  Helstar's _Nosferatu_...

Tim

ObCD: Prodigy  _Fat of the Land_