OFF: Age and taste

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed Sep 10 05:46:47 EDT 1997

In article <199709092312.AAA21036 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk>, J Strobridge
<eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK> writes
> Certainly by age 24 my preferences were firmly
>fixed and although I may have both expanded and augmented this over the
>years my overall preferred type of music style and sound has not altered.
>
>Yours in moosical appreciation

I'd echo that. I listen to a great deal more music now I'm in my 30's
and have a much wider taste but I'm still looking primarily for the
right whooshy noise. (Only on BOC-l could I say that without a trace of
irony.) When I was 24, I was in a band full-time and therefore was
listening to little outside of our own band, and the bands we gigged
with, (Ozrics, Culture Shock etc.) , as you do.

The amount of times I've asked a musician what they're listening to at
the moment, only to get a blank look and an "Ah........."

--
Jon Browne