Ugly covers!

Andrew Gilham Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM
Wed Sep 10 19:03:55 EDT 1997

> As for covers, I hate the abuse of the Sacred Doremi shield! It's
> everywhere!!!

I always thought it was like a radio grille or something?  But everyone else
calls it a shield so I must be wrong...

Best covers: 25 Years On, Warrior (with the Chaos shield), In Search of Space
fold-out, Space Ritual's "road map to hell" (I quote from memory from "Riff
Kills Man" :), and one of the best of all, Roadhawks.

All of these were Barney Bubbles', weren't they?  Quark's was by Psygnosis,
which is why it looks like lots of other covers from the 70s...

BTW, yes, Spalax records have put out a "digipak" of Yuri Gagarin with the
original cover (which was the best thing about it, really).  They've also put
out a digipak of SR2, an excellent digipak of Amon Duul's Paradieswarts Duul
(which I recommend unreservedly), loads of Cosmic Jokers, etc etc.

The Love in Space EP looks like it's got a nice package, too, from the
website...

- Andy