OFF: Age and taste

DAMON CAPEHART monsieur at MYMAIL.NET
Thu Sep 11 00:44:17 EDT 1997

On Wed, 10 Sep 1997 14:15:32 +0000 Christian Mumford <cannibal at CUTEY.COM>
wrote:
>(seriously, I think Leary is a little off here even if one is talking about
>actual orgasm *with* another person years later :-)

Oh ok... um, nevermind. :-)

>Makes sense, it's all associative thinking/imprinting, of course taste in
>music is much more trivial, and maybe the orgasm idea is a bit of a stretch.
>We associate things with parts of our life that were significant. Anyone
>here have stuff they really like but never play because you hate thinking
>about stuff you have associated it with?? (those cringingly sentimental
>moments!)

Yeah... that song about some park (what's it called?) that goes, "You used to
think that it was so easy / You used to think that it was so easy / but you're
trying, you're trying now // You used to think that you would be happy /
another year and you would be happy / but you're crying, you're crying now"..

Yes, yes; it's a cheesy 80's pop song, but I used to like it a lot - until I
found out that the young lady that I was somewhat involved with - one whose
favorite song is/was the above - went and ... (well, you know about nice guy
syndrome; I don't have to spell it out for you.  I'm engaged anyway, so what
do I care?  ...I still don't like the song anymore, though. :-P )

Damon