OFF: Is Guitar Rock Dead?

DAMON CAPEHART monsieur at MYMAIL.NET
Thu Sep 11 01:21:00 EDT 1997

On Wed, 10 Sep 1997 13:40:02 EDT "Ted Jackson jr. 6L6"
<tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU> wrote:
>> Not to start a new thread -  BUT wasn't it Tipper Gore and the
liberals
>who
>> founded the PMRC (Parent's Music Resource Center) in the 1980's which
>wanted
>> censorship, at least where rock lyrics were concerned?

>No, it was Tipper the Southern Belle Bible-head acting as a loose
>cannon and embarassment to her husband's political party.

Yes... they're called "Southern Democrats" - y'know, the ones who - and
I'm QUOTING here - said in the 60's that they "wouldn't let them
n*gg*r-lovin' R'publicans pass them dad-gum civil rights laws as long as
all my dead relatives are still votin' three or four times per 'lection!"

Again, for those of you who are not reading closely, I'm covering my ass
twice here:  That was a fictional QUOTE, not me.

Damon