Music and Age

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.CS.VT.EDU
Thu Sep 11 11:26:38 EDT 1997

On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, BREVARD, Adrian R. wrote:

> Here here Adam.  George Clinto is the true father of Rock and Roll.  Any
> doubters need only listen to the albums you cite.  Maggot Brains has
> been covered by many a rock band.  The P-Funk lives on.

Which brings us full circle, and ties together many current threads: J.
Mascis plays a humongous solo on a cover of "Maggot Brain" on Mike
Watt's _Ball-Hot or Tugboat_ album, and, as we all know, Watt himself
did a cover of "Dominance and Submission..."

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Govt. Mule, _Live at Roseland Ballroom_

e-mail: paul at gromit.cs.vt.edu

"I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time"
        --- James Marshall Hendrix