BRAIN: Ideal covers? (as in songs?)

Brian Halligan brianh at PULLEYN.COM
Thu Sep 11 17:53:29 EDT 1997

Jason said:

> Q: what other interesting songs in the list's eclectic canon seem Surgeonish?
> A: Maybe Radar Love by golden earing.
[...]

Right vocals, right drummer, and it would rock live.

> 21st Century Schizoid Man would be an interesting excursion in how the beat
> would change under Al's funkified drummery.  Bonomo's Turkish Taffy by SFG
> also sounds very Surgeonable (that and Gil Blanco County).

They could do a really fun take of 21st CSM.  How about C.C. Rider?

> Q2:  What would be a cool Career of Christmas II cover be? and any ideas
> for cool names instead of saying CoCII?
> A:  Christmas of the Salmon Salt w/ Charlie Tuna in Cult worshiping garb
> from FoUO or ETL holding a copy of BoH or a Cellsum symbol glowing
> mysteriously:)

Now, nobody said there would be more BOC covers on this tape.  How about the Deb/Medusa
with a stocking-hat on?  Or a plastic sword with a stocking hanging off it ("A Christmas
Sword")  :P

This makes me thing of Spinal Tap's "Christmas With the Devil".
"The sugar plumbs are rancid and the stockings are in flames...There's someone up the
chimney-hole, and Satan is his name."

Whatever,
Brian

Brian Halligan
Copywriter Intern
Buck & Pulleyn
brianh at pulleyn.com

"It was only a practice brain. I did pretty
 well with it." -Mike Black