Brain Covers for X-mas/ Album Covers and P Funk

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Fri Sep 12 08:18:08 EDT 1997

>But there's a closer connection.  Yet *another* of Bill Laswell's
>projects, Material, do a cover of "Cosmic Slop" on their _The Third
>Power_ album.

>Cheers,

>Paul

This (Cosmic Slop) would make an interesting cover for tBS X-mas
Cassette.  My funky recommendations:

Psychotic Companion - Galactic Cowboys
Strawberry Letter 23 - Brothers Johnson version of the Beatles tune
Jungle Boogie - Kool and the Gang
Victoria - Saigon Kick (Oh this one would be heaven)
The Butt - Experieince Unlimted (local guys I went to school with, they
played this in the Spike Lee movie School Daze, has that uniqe DC flava)

>I don't know about monster solos in terms of length so much, but it
strikes me that Warren Haynes of Govt. Mule plays monster solos in terms
of impact at least, which is a pretty mean feat considering Govt. Mule
ordinarily plays with the ferocity of a tent revival on steroids, so to
top that takes some doing...

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Govt. Mule, _Live at Roseland Ballroom_ (what a coincidence

Warren is old school, excellent choice in your player, that sucker
smokes.

>Wasn't Bootsy Colling s member of Praxis?
>Rob V.

Bootsy is still out there?  Damn hadn't seen him since he was
tooembarrased to pick up a bass guitar.  Did a show at US Air Arena
(late 70's early 80's) Mother's Finest opened the show.  Bass player was
absolutely incredible.  Bootsy tip his hat to the guy and said after
that performance he wasn't palying bass that night, just did vocals.

John S.>But then again, I've never yet bought or not bought an album
based on the cover.

Gee when I was a kid and bought music simply because I had the money
album covers were the way to go if you didn't know the band.  Found
Starcastle, Marino, Nova, Brand X and a bunch of others that way.
Wonder how people bought there music before the internet?

>Oh well, I actually LIKED Bad Channels, 'cos it was so silly!

   >Troy

Of clear mind it was nowhere.  In an altered state I might have enjoyed
it thoroughly.  Some movies are better in an altered state.

lil ab

"Once again we have blasted the nasal passages of the City clean of the
cloning mucus of evil.  Now we can all breath free and easy and smell
the lilacs in bloom.  Hello aroma!"  - The Tick

Frooging to - Child of the Novelty, Frank Marino & MR