Hawkwind Tour in Trouble

Star Rats Star_Rats at HAWKWIND.COM
Fri Sep 12 10:03:00 EDT 1997

To All Listmembers,
                        I have been recently getting email about various UK gigs reporting to
have been cancelled. After speaking with DS yesterday to find out the
latest news, he told me that tickets for the tour are selling so badly that
promoters are refusing to sign contracts which guarentees the band's wages
for the night.

So far there has been 800 tickets sold for the entire tour!!!

The gig in Milton Keynes has been cancelled because only 15 tickets were sold!

I'm sending out this messages asking everyone to spread the word about the
tour, and to urge anyone thinking of attending a gig not to wait until the
night to get their tickets; if more venues do not get enough advanced
ticket sales, they will cancell.

Being in the US, I don't know how well the tour is being advertised - can
anyone enlighten me?

Personally, I don't understand what's going on, and neither can the band.
It must be a real downer for them to hear this news. It wasn't so long ago
when you had to get up to Hammersmith double quick in order to get tickets
to see them.

The latest tour dates are listed on the 1997 Tour Dates page:

www.hawkwind.com/1997tourdates.htm

Feel free to offer any insight or thoughts of this bizarre situation.

Thanks,
        Star Rats