Hawkwind Tour in Trouble

Fri Sep 12 13:58:56 EDT 1997

 From:          Si <sihalley at VOSSNET.CO.UK>

> I think the simple answer is - Advertise the tour and people will buy tickets,
> don't advertise it and they won't know about it. You have to put a bit of
> money in to get more out.
>
> Si

For good reason is this the BOC/HW list!  I've heard about BOC gigs
AFTER they've happened, gigs that were less than 100 miles from home.
 Absolutely no mentio of the gigs.  And I live in a  city
with a major university in it.  Absolutely no excuse!  Last january's
Binghamton gig [only 70 miles away] was never mentioned locally.  tBS
had a similar fate:  2 gigs here in one weekend, and a brief mention
of one gig in the 'alternative' weekly.  And the university here
draws a lot of kids from the NY metro area--certainly BOC or tBS fans
a possibility...
theo