Off: London info

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Fri Sep 12 19:39:30 EDT 1997

John McCartney writes:

> Hope someone can help me out with this!
>
> I'm looking for the location(s) of Forbidden Planet in London,
> as I've a friend who's over there on business right now that I'd
> like to have pick up a few things from there. Any help?

Well given my notorious ability (viz. last Hawkwind London gig)
to have nothing but seriously out of date reference books in my house
the following info should be treated with a certain amount of caution....

Forbidden Planet - 71 New Oxford Street, WC1  Tel: 0171 836 4170 or
0171 379 6042.    Nearest tube: Tottenham Court Road.   Open Mon-Wed &
Sat from 10.00am - 6.00pm and Thurs,Fri from 10.00am - 7.00pm

If you wanted another contact to check this then you could try the
Edinburgh branch:

Forbidden Planet: 2-3 Teviot Place, Edinburgh EH1  Tel:  0131 225 8613
tho' given that it's an Edinburgh holiday on Monday (no - not in
celebration of the Referendum vote but we could always pretend it was)
the shop may be closed then.

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk