Hawkwind Tour in Trouble

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Fri Sep 12 20:00:21 EDT 1997

Duane Hoyt writes:

> Reply to message from jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK of Fri, 12 Sep
> >
> >In article <3.0.1.32.19970912090300.00690164 at mail.io.com>, Star Rats
> ><Star_Rats at HAWKWIND.COM> writes
> >>
> >>Being in the US, I don't know how well the tour is being advertised - can
> >>anyone enlighten me?
> >>

> >Well, as far as I can see, it's fucking not, is it?
> >
> If there is any advertisements of any sort, I'd be surprised.
> There was NO advertising for the US tour besides the net
> and us hawkfans getting out there and posting
> flyers, etc.
> It seems silly for the promoters to spend almost nothing
> getting the word out, and expecting people to know about the
> shows.

I've just been reading the latest "Transmission" which is a Porcupine
Tree info sheet published by Delerium Records (the management team
behind PT).   It includes a phone number for folk to ring if they
are willing to offer to distribute gig flyers around local record
shops to announce the forthcoming PT tour.   This seems like a good
idea - leastways I'll probably offer!

I think the newsletter itself has been posted to everyone who has ever
bought a PT album from Delerium - which is an excellent way of keeping
in touch with your audience base!

Just a thought

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk