Hawkwind Tour in Trouble

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Sat Sep 13 07:20:57 EDT 1997

In article <199709122151.RAA22656 at piglet.INS.CWRU.Edu>, Duane Hoyt
<gs590 at CLEVELAND.FREENET.EDU> writes
>It seems silly for the promoters to spend almost nothing
>getting the word out, and expecting people to know about the
>shows.
>
>Duane

The irony is, at least for me, Cardiacs are not a band without a
following themselves, and regularly fill venues like The Astoria in
London. OK, it's been a couple of years since they would pull 3,000 to
the Town And Country, but any London Cardiacs gig will pull 400-500
people.

This really is a screw-up, not just public indifference.

So, then, who is responsible for overseeing and co-ordinating promotion?

--
Jon Browne